112 Church St., P.O. Box 275, Milton, NY 12547
(845) 795-2302, http://www.mm-umc.com
Proclaiming the good news of God’s glory and informing you about the life of our church family.
The Upcoming Church Calendar and the On-Going Church Calendar are at the end of this newsletter. Scroll down to view.
New ministry opportunity:
Romans 12:5-7New International Version (NIV)
5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to dig in the dirt, than dig._
Plus, there are jobs for everyone: weeding, trimming, landscaping, painting, spring cleaning, etc.- the church needs a little TLC. Here is a list of things that you can pick from and may want to tackle. Contact Art.
Building God’s Kingdom Together
- Church front doors
- Paint inside of doors – any white paint will do.
- Paint outside of doors – green paint in fellowship room closet
- Church back door
- Paint inside of door – any white paint will do.
- Paint outside of door – please use exterior white paint
- Power wash
- Front of church
- West side of church
- Clean gutters – church front porch
- Clean various stains on chancel carpet
- Paint front porch- gray
- Big project – remove ac unit and close-in hole- sheetrock, spackle, paint interior; white siding and molding or white pvc panel and molding on exterior
- Clean sanctuary light fixtures
- Clean rust off of inside of church sign and paint if necessary
- Cut down dead tree at street on Northrip property
- Kids project- pick up sticks and branches on church, parsonage and Northrip properties. Throw in brush line around properties
- Weed around AC units located behind the church
- Working with Crystal, help organize Sunday School materials, supplies and other fellowship room items
Furnace Donations: We recently needed to have the church furnace replaced. Our new furnace is up and running and we are asking folks to make a one time donation to help offset this expense (over $3,000). You can bring donations, mail them, or make them online at http://www.mm-umc.com using the “donate” button. Just mark the donation “furnace”. Thanks in advance for your support on this.
Roast Beef Dinner– May 6th. Mark your calendars and get your tickets today!!! We would also love it if you could help out by working at the dinner. Please let us know if you’re able to be part of the team and how you’d like to help.
Youth United will be meeting on April 23th. We will be gathering in Newburgh to participate in the Walk for Housing sponsored by Habitat for Humanity. See Pastor Jody if you plan to take part.
Financial Update as of 3/26/17-
2017 YTD Oﬀering: $21,094 2017 YTD Total Budgetary Need: $24,882
Women of Faith, April 21, 7pm
Youth United Walk for Housing sponsored by Habitat for Humanity, April 23
Roast Beef Dinner, May 6
Ad Brd Mtg., May 14, 11:15
Sunday 10am Worship Service
Sunday 10am Sunday School
Wednesday 1pm Living Prayer- contact Ruthanne to be added to the email distribution list
Women of Faith- 1/month- contact Ruthanne to be added to the email distribution list. The group meets the third Friday of the month at 7pm.
“God’s true presence requires that we stop working in our strength and rely on His,” writes author Rachel Wojnarowski.